We’re thrilled to announce Sketch 3.4. This free update includes performance improvements, new features, and many updates that you have been asking for.
- Your Sketch designs can now be previewed real-time in a web browser. This means that you can update, share, and preview your Artboards live on Windows, Android, iOS, or any other device with a browser that is connected to the same local network.
- You can now manage your favorite Plugins in Sketch. We’ve also created an extensive and searchable Plugin directory.
- No more searching the Canvas for your newly-pasted layer! We’ve improved copy and paste to be more intelligent when it comes to positioning elements.
- You can now disable Auto Save in the Preferences, so others don’t alter your files unknowingly and can safely open files on shared volumes without fearing conflicts. This will also clamp down on the bloated filesizes caused by Versions that many of you have reported.
- If you are designing for Android, you can now find Artboard presets, and template files for icons to speed up your workflow.
- We have made significant improvements to boolean operations for combining shapes, both in their accuracy as well as in their speed.
- You can now create a quick mask for a selected bitmap just by clicking the Mask icon in the Toolbar. Additionally, you can right-click on any image and will now have the option “Replace Image…” to help you quickly swap images.
- We have added some new shortcuts: you can hold Option to switch between Lock and Hide icons in Layer List and Option-hover layers in the Layer List to measure distances between it and the selected layer. Additionally, the scrollbar in the Layer List no longer obscures the Hide/Lock icons! You can also change a selected Artboard’s background color using Control-C.
- Zooming in Sketch has undergone a number of improvements, especially for fast and consecutive zooms.
- You can now drag any SVG directly from a web browser into Sketch.
- You can now edit the Layout or Grid for multiple Artboards at the same time.
- When pixel-fitting is off, layers no longer move by 1px increments. When it’s on, we will ensure they always snap to full pixels.
Enjoy using Sketch 3.4!