Over a million designers use Sketch to transform their ideas into incredible products. Would you like to join us and play a leading role in how we communicate with our customers? We're looking to expand our team with a full-time Communications/Campaigns Writer.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you’ll be responsible for planning and writing our communications for all stages of the customer lifecycle — from acquisition and conversion, to in-life comms and retention. You’ll be working primarily to our CRM capabilities (Hubspot) where you’ll write emails, create landing pages and curate and produce our monthly newsletter. This is a varied role, with a real chance to shape the future of customer communications at Sketch.
On a typical day, you could:
Write new emails and landing pages to communicate product updates, working closely with the Product Marketing Lead to land key messages in the best way possible.
Collaborate with our product onboarding team to understand our customers’ journeys, then work with the Product Marketing team to devise a plan of comms and content to seed out.
Work closely with the CMO, Brand Copywriters and our design team to execute new brand and product focused campaigns.
Curate our monthly newsletter for our list of subscribers, and working with the CRM coordinator send out using alternative subject lines to test and optimise performance.
Develop a close working relationship with our Head of Sales and Demand Generation Lead to help facilitate comms for their core audiences.
Use analytics to measure the performance of communications, identify areas for improvement and make changes that have a real impact on our business.
Support other members of the product and brand marketing teams with their writing, where necessary.
What we're looking for
- You’ll be a confident writer and communicator, with creative flair and an ability to think outside the box. Collaborating and coordinating with others is second nature to you, and you’re always looking for ways to shape your work around other teams’ efforts and wider business goals.
- Writing emails, mapping out a new landing pages and crafting comms is something you’re comfortable with, along with being able to see how it all fits in to the bigger communications picture. You'll be proactive, full of ideas and have a sharp eye for detail, especially when it comes to your own work.
- Improving existing copy excites you just as much as coming up with something new, and you’ll be comfortable managing these different types of work simultaneously. You’re not afraid to ask questions or seek out information that helps you in your work, and you understand the importance of sharing what you’re working on early and often.
- Our team works remotely, so you will need to have excellent grasp of written English, great communication skills and be comfortable working in a remote position.
- 3+ years in a CRM/communications-focussed writing role.
- A background or strong personal interest in digital design.
- A varied portfolio with evidence of the impact your work has had across a variety of mediums.
- Experience with CRM tools (ideally Hubspot)
- Understands the importance of A/B testing and has first-hand experience and knowledge to help improve performance
- An excellent level of written English.
- High attention to detail, with an eye for editorial consistency and spelling/grammatical accuracy
- Able to work and communicate as part of a remote, but a close-knit team.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with lots of other talented people
- Able to adapt quickly to a new brand voice (and help shape it).
- Able to work and communicate as part of a remote, but close-knit team
- You’re based in or close to European/African timezones.
- A working knowledge of Sketch and other design software.
- Agency experience.