Design Operations Specialist
Over a million designers use Sketch to transform their ideas into incredible products. Want to join us and help take this leading design product to the next level? We're looking to expand our team with a full-time Design Operations Specialist.
What you'll do
You’ll join a growing team of talented designers, working directly with our DesignOps department and content creators. The goal? To improve and maintain standards for our evolving content and product libraries.
We need your help to
- Provide oversight, ensuring guidelines are followed, issues identified and questions answered.
- Help finalise and maintain Templates following a set of guidelines.
- Maintain our internal Libraries and Design Systems.
- Contribute to the educational material aimed at our users.
- Produce material which will be used to help promote our various platforms.
What we're looking for
- An experienced and talented Design Operations Specialist with the following core qualities:
- You value consistency and quality, setting and working to high standards. You’re also passionate about supporting designers in their work, helping them to interpret, use and meet those standards.
- You have a solid understanding of the principles, capabilities, and constraints of product development. You don’t need to know how to code, but you must be familiar with web, macOS and iOS guidelines and standards.
- You champion well-structured Design Systems, understand how they contribute to frictionless handoff, and can communicate their importance to others.
- We value every year of experience you’ve gathered, but experience itself isn’t a dealbreaker. What we’re really looking for is someone with the enthusiasm, knowledge, and the ability to create high-quality content. We’d love for you to learn from us, but we’d also like to learn from you! Furthermore, we’re looking for:
- A passion for details, user experience and consistency.
- You use Sketch, and understand our product inside out.
- An understanding of design fundamentals, methodologies and techniques.
- The ability to pitch ideas and concepts to improve an ever-evolving Design System.
- A strong design and digital asset portfolio showing recent examples of your work.
- Excellent communication skills, motivation, and the ability to work in a remote position.
- The ability to work full-time in South American or European / African timezones.
- A BA in design-related field.
- Experience with the tools we use to collaborate — Slack, Notion and GitHub.
- Familiarity with tools like Storybook and ZeroHeight.