International Digital PR Manager
Thousands of design teams use Sketch to transform their ideas into incredible products every day. Over the last ten years, we’ve helped define the UI design software category and we’re proud to help designers worldwide create great products. Our Marketing team has now grown to over 30 people, divided into Social, CRM/Campaigns, Web, Content and PR verticals.
Working at Sketch
We’re a company of diverse thinkers and doers who take pride in always improving our product. We share a vision and commitment to help each other — and our customers — create great work.
We’ve been fully remote since day one. Being remote adds great flexibility, and helps us build a more diverse team of incredible people. We put respect for each other above everything else
We encourage our people to be themselves and embrace what makes them unique. We value different backgrounds, perspectives and experience, and we strongly believe this is key to achieving outstanding results.
We work asynchronously as much as we can. Our team communicates mostly in writing, using Slack and Notion. When we need it, we also have video calls. We believe in collaboration and knowledge-sharing, and we provide the environment and tools you need to do your best work.
Your role at Sketch
We’re looking for a Digital PR expert who already has strong relationships with media and will be quick to build new ones. We’re also looking for expertise in coordinating and executing creative digital PR campaigns. Externally, you’ll be working closely with key journalists, bloggers, and other media influencers, and will be building and nurturing these relationships in order to help us achieve our campaign goals.
This is a new role for our team and will involve coordination between the PR, SEO, content and product marketing teams with the objective of enabling us to deliver best-in-class Digital PR campaigns.
You’ll play an important role in raising awareness of our product, new and existing features, as well as working on brand campaigns and securing digital media coverage for them.
In this role you’ll report to our Head of PR & Communications and will be working closely with all other Marketing teams.
On a typical day, you could be:
- Proactively leading and developing scalable digital PR strategies to create coverage and high-quality backlinks from a range of online publications and media outlets to increase the awareness of our product.
- Directly responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key media in the US and internationally (with an additional focus on Europe and Asia).
- Cooperating closely with other key teams (CRM, content, product marketing, SEO) to develop campaigns in an integrated environment and deliver on digital PR KPIs.
- Securing regular coverage for Sketch across digital (focus) and sometimes offline.
- Securing interviews for our spokespeople in key industry media outlets.
- Producing and editing high-impact content for media (including but not limited to, press releases, product briefings, brand campaign press materials).
- Analyzing current media trends and generating content ideas/stories for digital PR.
- Consolidating media coverage reports and ROI analyses.
- Handling all inbound cross-promotion inquiries from extensions developers, creators, potential partners and journalists.
- Creating effective PR launch plans for product launches. This will include the seeding of features/launches to VIPs to help secure positive coverage that keeps Sketch top-of-mind.
- Managing digital and social PR content initiatives, including looking for various channels in different markets.
- Working with external PR agencies and third party companies as required.
- Participating in monitoring and management of crisis situations when needed.
- 3-5+ years of experience in digital PR, directly working with media in the US and ideally, internationally.
- You’ve developed successful digital PR campaigns in the past and have strong media relations and knowledge.
- You have a good understanding of content marketing and SEO, a clear idea of how digital PR applies within an SEO driven strategy and what link building is.
- You’re experienced in contributing to the execution of short/long term PR strategy.
- You have solid experience with different communication channels, social media, traditional media, etc.
- You’re fluent in spoken and written English.
- Your verbal and written communication skills are excellent.
- You hold a genuine interest in the design industry and our product.
- You’re goal-oriented with a data-driven growth mindset.
- Your critical thinking and problem-solving skills are fantastic.
- You’ve got experience working in a SaaS environment and/or with design software.
- You’re an experienced user of Sketch!
- You have a working knowledge of Notion.
- You have a working knowledge of Slack.
- You have extensive SaaS experience.