Product Marketing Manager
Over a million people use Sketch to transform their ideas into incredible products every day. Would you like to join us and help take this leading design platform to the next level? We're looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to boost our efforts.
Working at Sketch
Sketch has always been a 100% remote company, and our team are based around the world. Being remote adds great flexibility, and helps us build a more diverse team. We put respect for each other above everything else.
Besides being remote, we work asynchronously as often as we can. This means that our team communicates mostly using Slack, Notion and GitHub. When we need it, we also have video calls.
We’ve been fully remote since day one. It’s meant we can bring incredible people together, from wherever they live. We encourage our people to be themselves and embrace what makes us unique. We value different backgrounds, perspectives, and experience, and we strongly believe this is key to achieving outstanding results.
What you’ll do
In this role, you’ll join forces with our existing Product Marketing Manager to tackle different areas of the product and provide cover for each other during periods of leave.
As part of the marketing team, you’ll combine your product marketing experience with great communication and collaboration skills to bring product updates to life. You’ll work to understand new features and updates, translate them into marketing plans, then see them through — from start to finish.
On a typical day, you could be:
- Working with our Product Managers to understand features and updates, then figuring out the story that brings them to life
- Coming up with campaign and comms plans to share product updates in the most effective and engaging ways possible
- Demoing the latest product updates to the Marketing team, making sure everyone understands them and shares the same enthusiasm for our product as you do
- Reviewing Tweets, blog posts, videos and other creative outputs from our Marketing team to make sure they’re presenting a product update or feature release in the best way possible
- Working with our Technology, Sales and Customer Support teams to make sure everyone’s aligned when it comes to timings, messaging and content
- Overseeing the marketing efforts around product launches and making sure we respond to the reactions and feedback from our audiences
- Working closely with our design, technology CRM and web teams to make sure customers always know what’s new in Sketch
- First and foremost, you understand what great product marketing looks like — and you have the skills to deliver it. In other words, you’re an excellent communicator, you’re naturally curious about product updates and you’re willing to be a passionate advocate for your product areas. Most importantly, you’re ready and willing to roll your sleeves up and get hands-on when it comes to making a new launch a success.
- You have strong background in product marketing, ideally with a SaaS, design or technology product. You’ll be able to show us how you’ve made previous product launches a success, increased adoption of new features, and helped improve product knowledge within your team(s). You’ll also be able to demonstrate essential practical skills like a razor-sharp attention to detail and the ability to distill lots of different sources of information into understandable messaging.
- You don’t have to be a designer, but you are familiar with Sketch and know why the tools we make matter to the people who use them. You’ll have plenty of great ideas about how to share what we make with the rest of the world — and you’ll be equally as comfortable turning those ideas into a reality yourself, as you are coaching other team members through delivering them.
- You’ve worked for 3+ years in product teams that ship regular updates to a large, diverse set of customers.
- Your background includes working on SaaS, technology or design products, ideally involving native apps for macOS, iOS, or iPadOS.
- You’re familiar with Sketch and (ideally) able to tell us how you’ve used it in previous roles.
- You’re a great communicator, with excellent levels of written and spoken English.
- You can figure out the story behind a new feature or update, and you know how to share that story with both internal and external audiences.
- You’re comfortable owning a communications campaign with multiple stakeholders from start to finish.
- You’re happy to work autonomously, make decisions to keep things moving, and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- You can brief others on creative tasks and give feedback, but also roll up your sleeves and get hands-on to move a project forward when you need to.
- You know that results matter, and that every great campaign ends with good reporting and recommendations for improving things next time around.
- You know your way around tools like Slack, Notion, GitHub, and Google Analytics.
- You’ve worked in a fully remote environment and know what it means to communicate asynchronously.
- You’ve got experience in copywriting, design or video editing, and are happy to make the most of your skills.
- You’ve worked in different, non-marketing roles within a product business.