QA Engineer, Control Center
Sketch is a design platform with an award-winning native Mac app and browser-based collaboration tools. Over a million people use our product to create their best work. And now, we’re looking for a QA Engineer to join us.
This position is within the Control Center team. Control Center exists to create and maintain a reliable, stable and safe environment for delivering the highest quality Sketch products to our customers. Control Center enables our systems to work more reliably in ever-shifting circumstances. Control Center employs new methodologies, tools, and processes that enable Sketch to simplify and deliver higher-quality solutions with improved robustness and resiliency in a more timely manner.
As a QA Engineer at Sketch, you'll be responsible for maintaining and monitoring manual test plans and automated test suites for coverage of new and existing features as well as helping to continuously improve our QA practices. You will work closely with frontend & backend Cloud engineers, Mac developers, Customer Support professionals, Product Managers, Project Managers, and others to guarantee top quality in our product and in our engineering process.
The main challenges we have ahead are to ensure performant and reliable test automation to build towards continuous deployment readiness.
You are a systems thinker. You keep a high-level view of all the parts involved in ensuring the quality of a project: the tech stack, the people, the testing frameworks and their trade-offs.
You value team work, knowledge sharing, autonomy and ownership. You care are about your team, and contribute to an environment of psychological safety and healthy work culture.
You advocate for quality and testability, getting involved in the early stages of product lifecycle, pairing with developers on defining and implementing the best quality standards and testing practices.
You love building user facing features, and related to this team's mission: to provide the highest quality product experience to all our users, from designers to customers and stakeholders.
You enjoy writing excellent documentation and invest in ways to share knowledge with others and to spread the best practices within the wider QA group, aiming to continuously improve processes across the company.
We’re a company of diverse thinkers and doers who take pride in always improving our product. We share a vision and commitment to help each other — and our customers — create great work.
We’ve been fully remote since day one. It’s meant we can bring together incredible people from around the world. You’ll join over 65 Mac, backend, frontend, QA and infrastructure engineers in the Technology team, based everywhere from Scotland to South Africa, and Lithuania to the US.
We encourage our people to be themselves and embrace what makes us unique. We value different backgrounds, perspectives and experience, and we strongly believe this is key to achieving outstanding results.
We work asynchronously as much as we can. Our team communicates mostly in writing, using Slack and GitHub. When we need it, we also have video calls. We have a culture of collaboration and knowledge-sharing, and we provide the environment and the tools you need to do your best work.
Essentials for the job
- You are passionate about software, testing, and quality, with an eye for detail.
- You can debug issues throughout the full stack, from frontend to backend APIs and Mac native applications.
- You have at least five years of experience in test automation, familiarity with Cypress and Jest.
- You have experience performing manual testing of complex applications.
- You have experience with visual regression testing.
- You are a polyglot who has worked in multiple test frameworks and has tested Frontend (our stack is React), Backend (we use Elixir and Go to provide a GraphQL API persisted on SQL DBs) and native applications (our app is Mac native). You don't need to have experience with our specific stack, but you understand the technology and adapt fast.
- Experience with CI/CD environments such as CircleCI, GitHub actions as they relate to test. Basic Docker knowledge is a plus.
- You have excellent communication skills and written English, are self-motivated, and comfortable working in a remote position.
- You have the experience to help the dev and QA teams level up testing efforts and advise on standardizing test practices.
- Based in European / African timezones.
We care about your wellbeing and your professional success, so we offer you:
- Full time employment, with a flexible schedule
- International environment and working culture
- As many vacation days as you need
- Whatever training you need to develop in your job
- The hardware you need
- The option to work anywhere in European/African timezones
- Company equity
- Paid family leave
- An annual company meetup (when possible)