Technical Project Manager
Sketch is a design platform with an award-winning native Mac app and browser-based collaboration tools. Over a million people use our product to create their best work. And right now, we’re looking for a Technical Project Manager to join us.
You will be leading the interaction between our Customer Support department and Engineering teams. In this role, you will bridge the gap between the problems that affect our users and how engineers respond to them. You’ll also work to provide insights that help teams optimize, prioritize and improve their workflow.
We work with empowered product teams that truly own what they do — delivering new features and improving the technology foundations of our application. Each team is a mix of Mac and web and QA engineers, and everyone in the team is responsible for the quality of their work.
In this role, you will coordinate the flow of requests from Customer Support, hand over the right problems to the right engineering teams, and improve the feedback loop to our users. You will use data tools and other sources of feedback to identify usage patterns, prioritize issues, and coordinate work between each engineering team.
We’re a company of diverse thinkers and doers who take pride in always improving our product. We share a vision and commitment to help each other — and our customers — create great work. We’ve been fully remote since day one. It’s meant we can bring together incredible people from around the world. You’ll join over 60 Mac, backend, frontend, QA and infrastructure engineers in the Technology team, based everywhere from Scotland to South Africa, and Lithuania to the US.
We encourage our people to be themselves and embrace what makes us unique. We value different backgrounds, perspectives and experience, and we strongly believe this is key to achieving outstanding results.
We work asynchronously as much as we can. Our team communicates mostly in writing, using Slack and GitHub. When we need it, we also have video calls. We have a culture of collaboration and knowledge-sharing, and we provide the environment and the tools you need to do your best work.
You’re a natural collaborator. We have a diverse, distributed team that works across different parts of the product. You’ll use your communication and collaboration skills to help everyone work better together.
You use initiative to drive work forward. You’ll work with a team of incredible engineers and you’ll need to be proactive in your approach, ready to evaluate options, and apply initiative to drive work forward.
You value precision: Our customers strongly rely on our product for their work. Everything we ship has to be of the highest quality. You will make sure that this is always the case through a precise and efficient approach to what you do.
You have a natural curiosity and motivation to learn. We have many opportunities to learn and interesting problems to help develop your skills and knowledge. In return, we expect you to play a valuable role in improving our processes and tools.
- Act as the main point of contact between Customer Support and Engineering
- Manage first level triaging and escalating to teams when appropriate, and determine which team may be appropriate for resolving bugs
- Work autonomously to field internal inquiries regarding potential bugs and create clear criteria for their severity and priority
- Implement new processes and standard practices for improving the flow of support cases within engineering and refine these processes as needed
- Track bug resolution through the development process and the releases to production and close the loop with Customer Support once a fix is deployed
- Develop metrics and reports over the flow of issues to help driving optimization and capacity allocation within engineering
Essentials for the Job
- Good understanding of software delivery methodologies
- Previous experience in project management and triaging techniques
- Excellent technical writing and understanding of technical terminology
- Data-driven mindset, with focus on metrics and flow of work
- Interpersonal communication skills, in English (both oral and written form)
- Must be based in European / African timezones
What we offer
- International environment and working culture
- Flexibility to organize your own time, no set hours
- As many vacation days as you need
- Whatever training you need to develop in your job
- The hardware you need
- The option to work anywhere in European/African timezones
- Company equity
- Paid family leave
- An annual company meetup (when possible)