Over a million designers use Sketch to transform their ideas into incredible products. Would you like to join us and help take this leading design tool to the next level? We're looking to expand our team with a full-time Web Developer.
What you'll do
You'll be joining our Web, Design, and Digital team where it'll be your job to make sure our website works great feels consistent, and always provides the best user experience.
Our team works remotely and communicates mostly in writing, so you will need to have an excellent grasp of written English, great communication skills, and be comfortable working in a remote position.
No two days are the same at Sketch, which means on a typical day you could be doing any of the following:
Creating solutions for challenges and projects, with accompanying sitemaps, flows, and wireframes as necessary
Taking initiative on user experience improvements and new project proposals
Designing and implementing new pages, features, and systems
Reviewing code from other team members
Working and collaborating with extended team members (including product designers and project managers) on new releases and updates
Contributing to the improvement of our website codebase, platform, and tooling
Day-to-day development tasks (triaging issues, fixing bugs) and hygiene jobs (e.g. image tagging, page/traffic audits, code organization and refactor)
We're looking for someone with:
- 5+ years in a web development role
- Proficiency in both frontend and backend development
- You should be passionate about the web, be able to solve problems, and above all be a dedicated team player with a keen and meticulous eye for detail
- A problem-solver who adopts a proactive approach to finding solutions and designing and developing systems that benefit the website/marketing teams and wider company
- Experience with modern development tooling (Git/GitHub, npm, ES6, etc.)
- A commitment to best practices such as progressive enhancement, accessibility, and performance
- You have excellent communication skills, are self-motivated, and comfortable working in a remote position.
- You’re able to work full-time and are based in European / African time zones.
- Knowledge and experience with the JAMStack architecture
- Experience and understanding of Sketch (both product and brand)
- A passion and knowledge of UX principles and practices
- Experience working with metrics and analytics (e.g Google Analytics)
- Ability to work in an agile environment