We have over dozens of Ambassadors throughout the world who are are passionate about design - and have a special place in their hearts for Sketch. There are plenty of perks in becoming an Ambassador and just a few steps you need to take in order to become one.
- Two Sketch licenses to be raffled at each event you host
- Some official Sketch swag for you to share with your community
- Chance to participate in our Sketch Research program and earn rewards
- Sketch Beta invitations
- Monthly newsletter including latest updates about Sketch and our community
- Support from the Community Team on bug reports, feature requests or help on connecting with fellow Sketch Ambassadors.
We want to maintain a healthy and sustainable partnership with you and your community — and to do this, there are a few requirements we have of you. We’ve listed these below. If you have any questions about them, please do not hesitate to get in touch and talk to us — we’re here to help and support you!
Before an event
- Let us know about your upcoming events. Provide as much information as possible along with a link to your event.
- Make sure you have a healthy attendance level. Around 50 attendees per event is a good number. In order to achieve this, you are always welcome to our Sketch Community Slack channel where fellow Ambassadors hang out and bounce ideas off each other. Be sure to ask for an invite via emailing us.
After an event
- Share what happened at your event with us. We’d love to see how things went. Please include:
- General photos from the event
- Photos of the raffle
- Send across details of the raffle winners
- Please provide the names and emails of the lucky winners and we’ll make sure they get their licenses!
We’re happy to give away licenses for raffle at your events, regardless of their topic. The only exception to this is when one of our competitors is featured as the main speaker or sponsor.
The licenses raffled are for personal use only. Emails from domains belonging to existing teams subscriptions or volume license customers will not be counted towards raffled licenses.
We do our best to cover all shipping and handling costs for the Sketch swag we send you, but unfortunately import taxes and customs fees are beyond our control. In the rare case that these fees apply to your swag, you will need to cover these in order to receive your shipment.
- Have an established community on a sustainable platform
- Slack etc.
- Cover topics that touch on digital design and career building around digital design
- Have routine meetings with core attendee base
- Please contact for further information and find ways to partner with Sketch!
If you’re already a Sketch Ambassador you’ll notice that the program has changed. Our FAQs will help answer any questions you might have about this or you can get in touch with us.
Can my company be a Sketch Ambassador / Sketch Advocate?
The short answer is yes! Some of our Ambassadors and Advocates team up with their company/companies to lead their Sketch communities and we’re happy to support this. We do however need a single point of contact. Let us know your details and we’ll figure things out.
Can a Sketch Ambassador attend an event that is for Sketch Advocates?
For twice a year, you can attend an event we’ve put together for Sketch Advocates. These events will be announced through our Slack channel and information as well as invitations will be sent out so you don’t miss out on anything!
When do the changes you are making start to roll out?
September 24th. Any future events announced from that day onwards will be evaluated according to the new scheme. Any events you have before that date will have the previous Sketch Ambassador scheme in place.
I want to remain a Sketch Ambassador but I also want to stay in the Sketch Community on Slack. Is that possible?
Absolutely. As a matter of fact, all our future Sketch Ambassadors will be invited to the same Community Slack so we can grow an even larger community!
I still want to keep my community with Sketch branding but I can't become an advocate. What will be the next step forward for me?
You can still keep hosting Sketch Meetups or digital design meetups as you please. You will not be limited by any visual guidelines and naming conventions, but still have our support, so the next step forward is entirely up to you.
I am currently a Sketch Ambassador but I want to become a Sketch Advocate. Can I keep my community?
Of course you can! In order to become a Sketch Advocate, you need to fill out our application form here. Based on your application, if you will be selected to become a Sketch Advocate, you will need to update your community according to the visual guidelines we provide and make sure you are on the same page with all other Advocates.
What happens if I am a Sketch Advocate or a Sketch Ambassador and I don't hold events for 3 months?
If you are a Sketch Ambassador, we might just reach out to just see if all is going well and if we could can help you with anything and that’d be it.
If you are a Sketch Advocate, we might contact you before 3 months to give you a heads up on the termination of your Sketch Advocate title as having regular events is one of our main expectations from the Sketch Advocates. As a result, you might be considered as a Sketch Ambassador and your profile might be removed from our Community Hub.
I unlocked an achievement before the change of the program and still haven't received my reward. Will my reward get cancelled?
Not at all. Just keep our community team updated on your situation and email us with details of the achievement you’ve unlocked. We’ll need the date you unlocked it, event details, and all the required proof to get your reward sorted out.