Fixing Payment Issues
If you’re experiencing a problem with payments, here are some common issues and their resolutions:
- Why has my payment method failed?
- How can I update my credit card on file?
- I’m seeing a 3D authentication error, what should I do?
- I might be affected by the RBI recurring payment guidelines, what can I do?
Why has my payment method failed?
There are several reasons why your payment might be failing:
- The card has expired
- The card details have been entered incorrectly
- The card has insufficient funds to complete the purchase
- The card was declined as the transaction requires authentication
- The card was declined for an unknown reason.
The first step is to check that we have the correct card details, that they are valid and you have sufficient funds. See How can I update the credit card on file?.
If the card details are correct and you still have issues we strongly advise you to reach out to your bank or your credit card issuer to see what might be the reason for the failed payment.
If you are still experiencing issues with the payment, please get in touch with our support team.
How can I update my credit card on file?
Any Workspace Admin can update the credit card on file using the following steps:
- Go to Sketch, log in as an Admin and switch to your Workspace in the top-left corner — Make sure your Workspace name is showing.
- Head to People & Settings on the left sidebar.
- Click on the Billing tab at the top of the page and next to the Payment method click on the Edit button where you will be able to add a new credit card to the account.
I’m seeing a 3D authentication error, what should I do?
If you are experiencing issues with 3D authentication during the subscription purchase, please reach out to your bank or your credit card issuer immediately to report the issue. They will be able to see how your 3D authentication is set up.
Alternatively, please try to use another credit card for your purchase. If you are still experiencing issues, please get in touch with our support team.
I might be affected by the RBI recurring payment guidelines, what can I do?
We are aware of the possible payment troubles for our customers based in India. We are actively investigating the situation and looking for a permanent solution.
Please get in touch with our support team — we can provide assistance that has helped clients facing the same situation.
Can’t find your answer?
Contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Learn more about how to use the powerful features that Sketch gives you in our documentation.
Manage your Workspace
View your Workspace details, manage your members and more in your Workspace settings.
Subscriptions are the primary way to use Sketch and we've made switching easy.