What are the differences between a Mac-only license and a subscription?
We offer two different purchase options: subscriptions and Mac-only licenses.
- Gives you the full Sketch experience. From real-time collaboration in the Mac app, to feedback and handoff in the web app.
- Includes a Workspace to store and share your work. Access all your work, anywhere you use Sketch. Design in private, invite others, or share individual documents with Guests.
- Lets you easily manage accounts and roles. You choose whether people can view and comment on documents in the web app, or edit in the Mac app.
- Offers monthly or yearly billing. Pay $9 monthly or $99 yearly for each Editor (Viewers are free) and get regular updates for the lifetime of your subscription.
- Gives you access to the Mac app only. New and renewed licenses won’t include a Workspace, or access to the web app for feedback, handoff etc.
- Lets you store documents locally your computer. Existing active licenses support browsing, opening and saving documents to a Personal Workspace up to its current expiry date. New and renewed licenses only support local storage.
- Manages devices, not people. You can only add or remove devices on a license key, not individuals. To use Sketch on multiple Macs, you’ll need to pay for more devices.
- Can be renewed yearly. If you renew your license, you’ll get another year of updates and you’ll only be able to use the Mac app. If you don’t renew, you can keep using the Mac app with no further updates.
- Learn more about subscriptions
- Learn how to switch to a subscription
- Learn more about Workspaces
- Learn more about a Sketch Account
- Learn more about managing your license
Last updated on 05 May 2021
Can’t find your answer?
Contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.