Why can’t I connect Mirror to the Mac app?
Mirror relies on your devices to be connected to the same network. If that’s not the case, you’ll see an error.
If you’re having issues with your connection, here are a few things to check:
- Are both devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network?
- Are you running the latest versions of the Mac app and Mirror?
- Are the Wi-Fi security settings of your router blocking this kind of communication?
- Have you tried connecting through USB? If not, read this article to find out more.
There are also some more advanced settings that may be causing issues. If you’re in an office environment, you may need to ask your network administrator to check the following:
- Is Bonjour (sometimes called MDNS or Multi Cast) enabled on both your router and Mac?
- Is UPnP enabled on your router?
- Is TCP Port
58005allowing a connection between your iOS device and Mac?
- Is your Mac blocking or disabling your Websocket connection? Mirror needs this to work.
If you still can’t connect, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, and we’ll help you get Mirror up and running.
Can’t find your answer?
Contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.