How do I exchange my existing Mac-only license for credit?
Before you exchange a Mac-only license, take a look at what you’ll need to get started first. You can complete the Mac-only license exchange at the time of setting up your Workspace. You can also complete it after setting your account. Here’s the instructions to do so:
1. To get started, sign in to your Sketch Account. Then use the drop-down menu in the top-left to switch to your Workspace.
2. Head to the People & Settings tab on the left sidebar, then click on the Billing tab on the top bar.
3. Scroll down until you the Redeem Sketch license section. This panel shows you any pending, failed or successful license exchange requests.
4. Click on Enter License Key, paste in the license key (usually starting with SK3) you want to exchange, then click Send Request.
5. To complete the process, you (or the license key owner) will need to confirm the exchange request using the link in the confirmation email. If the license key owner is not a member of your Workspace, they won’t be able to complete the request and they’ll need to forward that email to you instead.
Note: Even if you have redeemed your license for credit, please ensure your subscription is set up and credit card details have been added in the Billing section of People & Settings.
I exchanged a Mac-only license and now I can’t use the Mac app
Once you (or the license key owner) have confirmed the exchange request, we’ll automatically deactivate that Mac-only license key and add the equivalent credit to your Workspace to go against your next bill. You’ll need to invite anyone who previously used the license key you exchanged to your Workspace and add them as an Editor so they can continue to use the Mac app.
I can’t exchange my Mac-only license key
You might find the Mac-only license key you want to exchange for credit cannot be redeemed. There are a number of reasons this might be the case:
- The Mac-only license hasn’t been updated in the last 12 months
- It’s an educational license
- The Mac-only license was purchased after your Workspace was created or after the end of your free trial
- The Mac-only license has already been redeemed towards a Workspace
How much credit will I get when I exchange a license?
When you exchange a license key, you will receive $9 of credit per seat on each Mac-only license, multiplied by the number of months left on your license. Don’t worry, we’ll do the math for you and let you know how much credit you’ll receive before the process is over.
Can’t find your answer?
Contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.