Can I exchange my existing Sketch license for Teams credit?
Teams subscriptions include access to the Mac app and regular updates for every Contributor, so you don’t need to pay for a traditional license at the same time. If you have existing Mac app licenses, you can exchange these for credit against your Teams subscription.
When you exchange a license, you will receive $9 of credit per seat/device, multiplied by the number of months left on your license. Don’t worry, we’ll do the math for you and let you know, before you confirm, how much credit you’ll receive.
You can redeem a license if:
- You are both the owner of the license and a member of the team
- Or, the license owner sends a member of your team their confirmation email to complete the process.
Note: Once you redeem your license, it will be deactivated and you will need to make sure that anyone using Sketch with that license has been invited to your team, so they can continue to use the Mac app.
How to exchange a license for Teams credit
- Log in to your Sketch account and access your Team Settings by clicking on the cog icon in the top right of the navigation. (If you don’t have a Sketch account you will need to sign up for one and create your team).
- Click on Billing and scroll down until you see ”Redeem Sketch license”. This panel shows you any pending, failed or successful redemption requests.
- To start the redemption process, click the ”Enter License Key” button on the top-right of the panel and follow the instructions.
- Note: This is a multi-step process and will require verification from the original owner of the license key. The license owner will need to be a member of the team (or forward their confirmation email to a member of the team) in order to complete the process.
- Enter your license key into the field and click ”Send Request”. An email will be sent to the owner of the Sketch license to verify that they are happy to exchange it for credit for this team.
- You might find the license key you want to exchange for credit cannot be redeemed. There are a number of reasons this might be the case:
- The license hasn’t been updated in the last 12 months
- It’s an educational license
- The license was purchased after your team was created or after the end of your free trial
- The license has already been redeemed by your team (or another team)
- Once the owner of the license has confirmed the request the license will be deactivated and credit will be applied to your team.
- We’ll send a confirmation email to the owner of the Sketch license and to the user who initiated the license request. You should see the redemption request in the ”Redeem Sketch license” section of the Billing page in Team Settings.
Remember: anyone using the deactivated license key will need to be invited to your team so they can continue to use the Mac app.