Before you download the beta
Create backup copies of your documents before you open them. Our pre-release beta builds can be unstable.
Let your team know you’re using the beta — documents opened in this build may become incompatible with stable release builds.
You’ll need to be an Editor in a Workspace to use the beta.
This Mac app beta requires macOS Big Sur (11.0.0) or newer.
To send feedback or report a bug, simply click on the Feedback button in the Mac app’s toolbar, or contact us using our support form.
Sketch 90 (149164) was released on
New in Sketch 90
- Auto-Download Libraries You can now set Libraries to automatically download whenever an update is available, so you can skip to the good part (updating your Components). You’ll find the option for this in the Libraries Preferences pane.
- When dragging images into the app, you can now drop them on existing images, or layers with image fills, to replace them.
- We’ve improved the handling of dashed outside borders and the quality of outside borders export to PDF.
- Background Blur can now be applied to Images that contain transparency.
- Fixes an issue where Artboards would no longer be scrollable after changing their orientation to landscape.
- We’ve improved the way Masks can be applied.
- Fixes a bug where hotspots can be smaller than the Symbol instance with the Interaction.
- Fixes an issue with rendering speed when resizing a Layer with a shadow at higher Zoom levels.
- Fixes an issue where setting a blend mode for the first Fill of an Image Layer would cause the Replace image with Fill checkbox setting to be ignored.
- Fixes a bug where in-Canvas editing of a Symbol instance would render the text twice.
- Fixes a bug that would lose Tint Overrides from a Symbol instance when viewed in the Sketch web app Inspector, exported via Zeplin or if all the Symbol contents are detached.
- Fixes a bug where the Inspector would not refresh correctly after a small number of very specific actions.
- Fixes an issue where an Artboard could not be created from a Layer selection if no default Artboard Templates are available.
- Fixes a bug where a translucent shape with exactly one Fill and one Shadow would show the shadow through the fill, rather than being composited together.
- We’ve improved how the Overrides of non-related Symbols are inherited within a nested Symbol. Previously switching a non-related Symbol over a Symbol with overridden Tint and Text, would keep the Tint but not the Text. Now neither of them will be inherited, unless they are directly related or setup in an array.
- Fixes an issue where the operators b or t applied to Width/X and r or l applied to Height/Y were being incorrectly implemented. These invalid combinations are now ignored.
- Fixes a bug where a Layer with an Angular Gradient fill would not always display correctly when a Mask is applied to it.
- Fixes a bug where a multi-Layer selection, with both locked and unlocked Layers, couldn’t be resized if the Layer at the very bottom was locked.
- Fixes an issue where the locking of rulers would affect all open documents, now the locking only affects the current document.
- Fixes an issue where undoing a change inside a combined shape would not correctly update the shadows for the shape.
- We’ve improved the operation of the Flatten tool, it now produces less control points.
- The ⌥ modifier now works when resizing a line too, scaling it from the center like other elements.