Sketch Beta 72 (124281) was released on
New in Sketch 72
- Rendering and performance improvements This release includes a whole host of rendering and performance improvements. Lots of them are subtle, but they all add up to a better experience. You’ll notice things feel more responsive when you move Symbols and Nested Symbols around the canvas, as well as during exports and saving documents to your Workspace.
- Data improvements We’ve added a new option to the Data menu to choose whether data you insert is picked at random or not. If you uncheck this Insert Data at Random option, Data you insert will follow the order in its source file. We’ve also added support for nested data within Linked Data (JSON) sources. Nested data from a Linked Data source will appear inside a group when you add it to your canvas.
- You’ll now see image shadows at all zoom levels, where previously they’d disappear as you zoomed in close.
- We heard from a few of you who really missed the dedicated zoom controls in the Big Sur toolbar, so we’ve brought them back! You’ll be able to add them by Control-clicking on your toolbar and choosing Customize Toolbar…
- We’ve added an @3x option for flattening bitmaps to the Layer preferences panel.
- Fixes a bug where a layer with a blur with a 0.5 radius would appear unblurred.
- We’ve added a new set of shortcuts for aligning layers. ⌃⌘ and your arrow keys now align layers left, right, top or bottom. ⌃⌘V or ⌃⌘H align layers vertically or horizontally. Add the ⌥ modifier to any of those shortcuts to align layers within an Artboard.
- We’ve given the Assistants UI and layout a fresh lick of paint for Big Sur.
- Hey night owls, we’ve made a few tweaks to some colors in dark mode. Nothing major, but subtle things that add up to a more pleasant experience. Enjoy!
- We’ve made some changes to how we generate outside borders which improves things for complex shapes.
- We’ve tweaked the copy in our notifications to make it clearer when Library and Component updates are available.
- We’ve increased the size of Artboard names on the Canvas so they should be easier to read from a distance now.
- This release fixes a number of bugs that caused issues with Component and Library updates. This includes seeing a Component/Library update notification when there were none available, not seeing a notification when there were updates available, and being unable to update Components/Libraries. Thanks for all your reports and we’re sorry for the impact that this has had on your workflows!
- Fixes a bug where applying blend modes could cause Tints to be ignored.
- Fixes a crash that could occur if you set an extremely large shadow offset value.
- Fixes a bug that caused some Components not to update correctly in your documents, which also meant you’d see a recurring updates notification.
- Fixes a bug that would hide document titles and make them uneditable unless you resized your window.
- Fixes a bug that could causes styles within Library Components to become unlinked after you applied Library and Components Updates in documents that used that Library.
- Fixes a bug where we would not detect and replace an existing local Library if you uploaded it to a Workspace. This meant that any documents that used Components from that Library would still be linked to the local version, instead of the one in your Workspace.
- Fixes a bug that caused layers with multiple, blended inner shadows to render incorrectly.
- Fixes a bug that would prevent you from adding a JSON file as a Linked Data source if the file’s extension was capitalized.
- Fixes a bug that caused shadows with negative spread to render incorrectly on layers with gradient or image fills.
- Fixes a bug that stopped Workspace documents from opening and instead showed a “The file doesn’t exist” alert if you kept your macOS Home directory on an external drive.
- Fixes a crash that could occur when you clicked
Return to Instancewhile using the Scale tool.
- Fixes a bug that caused shadows for text-on-path layers to appear flipped upside down.
- Fixes a bug that caused inner shadows on overlapping shapes to render incorrectly.
- Fixes a bug where inner shadows on a mask layer could appear darker than they should.
- Fixes a bug that caused blurred layers to lose some of their details if you used them as a mask.
- Fixes a bug that meant a text-on-path layer could cause other text layers in the same group to render incorrectly.
- Fixes a bug that caused layers behind a background blur to render incorrectly when you rotated them.
- Fixes a bug that stopped Color Adjustment changes from updating in the Inspector when you used the Undo command.
- Fixes a bug that could cause angular gradients to appear pixelated.
- Fixes a bug that caused the Fix position when scrolling setting to become unchecked if you applied it to a Symbol that you later detached.
- Fixes a bug that could cause poor performance when you selected large text layers.
- Fixes a bug where applying a shadow with a negative spread to a shape with translucent fills could cause the shadow to be clipped at its outside edges.
- Fixes a bug that meant the hover selection color would not match the accent color you set in System Preferences until you relaunched Sketch.
- Fixes a bug that caused shapes with fills, smooth corners and outside borders to render incorrectly.
- Fixes a bug that caused SVG exports of layers with tints to have incorrect colors.
- Fixes a bug that caused text layers to move unexpectedly if you used Cmd+drag to zoom in or out as you edited them.