Sketch Beta 71 (114586) was released on
New in Sketch 71
- Linked Data You can now use JSON files as Data sources to apply matching information to your designs. To get started, simply name layers in your document to match the keys in your JSON file. Once you’ve added your JSON file as a Data source, you’ll find it under a new Linked Data section of the Insert > Data menu. You can also choose Insert > Data and click on a Linked Data source to insert a pre-populated set of layers.
- When you use the Make Grid tool or handle, we’ll pay closer attention to the existing spacing between layers you’ve selected and use that wherever we can. This one is hard to describe, but it just feels more ‘right’ — try it out!
- When you create a group where layers do not sit on whole pixels, we’ll make the group’s bounds fit a little tighter around that content. This only affects new groups and any existing groups you edit with this version of Sketch. This should also fix an issue where some Artboard exports were a pixel wider or taller than their original Artboard.
- If you’ve asked us to flip the behaviour for holding Command and scrolling to zoom in or out, this one is for you. You’ll find the option to do just that in Sketch’s Canvas preferences. Happy scroll-zooming!
- We’ve updated our iOS App Icon Template to remove the mask that was being applied on exports.
- When you resize multiple layers, we no longer round those individual layers to the nearest pixel. Now, they will perfectly maintain their distance between each other, instead of shifting slightly in some cases. We’ll still round the outer edges of your selection to the nearest pixel, and if you want to round each individual layer you can do this via Arrange > Round to Pixel.
- Command-O will now reveal the Documents window so you can easily access documents in your Workspace(s). Shift-Command-O now opens the System’s file browser to choose a local document. You can override this in your macOS System Preferences, if you need to.
- We’ve made it clearer if Components belong to your current document when you select and switch between them in the Inspector.
- Fixes a crash that could occur on the macOS 11.3 Beta, if you opened the Plugins pane in Sketch’s Preferences.
- Fixes a crash that could occur when you copied groups of PNGs that contained indexed colors.
- Fixes a bug where reducing the file size of some bitmaps could cause some white areas in them to change to cyan.
- Fixes a bug that could make Sketch become unresponsive when trying to offset a path that had been rotated before.
- Fixes a bug where document placeholders in Documents window would not update when you switched between dark and light mode.
- Fixes a bug that could cause a letter to appear inside the shape of the icon when using icon fonts with a fill or when converting them into outlines.
- Fixes a bug that caused the editing area for page names to appear wider than the page name pill itself in some cases.
- Fixes a bug that meant inner borders with gradients could render incorrectly on certain shapes.
- Fixes a bug that meant text layers with a Fix Width layout constraint and an Auto Width Alignment property would change to have Auto Height (and Fixed Width) alignment if you resized the layer’s parent group horizontally.
- Fixes a bug that caused text on a path to display incorrectly or disappear if it was part of a Symbol instance that you scaled up or down.
- Fixes a bug that caused previews in the Components View to display colors in the wrong color space.
- Fixes a bug that caused the wrong document thumbnail and sidebar item to appear selected when you opened the Documents Window using File > Cloud > Show in Documents Window from an open document.
- Fixes a bug that caused Symbol overrides menus to show different sized symbols, even if the option to only show the same size Symbols was enabled, in some cases.
- Fixes a bug that placed new vector points incorrectly on very small Artboards, if there were other Artboards nearby.
- Fixes and bug that caused Libraries to show as “not found” in Preferences after you’d made an edit to them and saved the Library document.
- Fixes a bug that meant text alignment controls wouldn’t immediately show as enabled after you changed a text layer’s alignment type to be Fixed Size.
- Fixes a bug that caused Point Types you selected in the Inspector to appear deselected if you clicked on it multiple times.
- Fixes a bug that caused the position overlays for rulers to appear slightly offset from the ruler markers themselves.
- Fixes a bug that caused the length field in the Inspector to stop updating if you selected multiple lines and adjusted them.
- Fixes a bug that drew an Artboard at an angle, if you drew it within an angled, nested group.
- Fixes a bug that would enable the Original Size button in the Inspector when you dragged an image onto the dock icon, even when the image hadn’t been scaled in any way.
- Fixes a bug that meant Symbols at the same level would not appear in the overrides menu if they were part of a Library nested one or more levels down from the current Library.
- Fixes a bug that corrupted layer names and could cause a crash when you converted text layers that contained SF Symbols to outlines and exported them.
- Fixes a bug that prompted you to replace missing fonts for Library Components in your documents. Now we’ll prompt you to replace or embed missing fonts in the original Library document instead.
- Fixes a crash that could occur if you tried to edit a text layer that used the Chivo Black Italic font.
- Fixes a bug that caused SVG code you copied from a layer’s contextual menu to also include code for any overlapping layers.
- Fixes a bug that would revert Sketch to trial mode, even if you were signed in with a Sketch Account and had access to the Mac app, if you unlinked a license key while offline.
- Fixes a bug that stopped text Symbols from scaling correctly using the Scale tool if you had applied a Text Style override to them.