Sketch 69 Updates
New in Sketch 69.1
- New iPhone Artboard Presets Happy new iPhone month! To celebrate, we’ve added Artboard presets for the 12 Mini, 12, 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max.
- Crash and Bug Fixes This release includes a number of smaller crash and bug fixes, including a crash that occurred on the macOS Big Sur Betas.
New in Sketch 69
- Color Variables We’re excited to introduce this long-requested feature and one of the final building blocks for a comprehensive design system in Sketch. When you apply a Color Variable to a fill, border or anywhere you can apply solid colors, they’ll stay linked. If you edit a Color Variable, you’ll see that change reflected across every part of your document that uses it. Color Variables replace solid color presets and when you open a document we’ll automatically convert any existing color presets that belong to it. You’ll see the option to create a new Color Variable in the Color Popover.
- Components View (Beta) The Components View is a new home for your document’s local Symbols, Text and Layer Styles, and Color Variables. By bringing them together and giving them the space they deserve, we’ve made it easier for you to keep them organized and adjust their properties. In other words, there’s finally a proper place to preview and edit your text and layer styles — and that’s just the start.
- Insert Window Alongside the Components View, we’re introducing a new, separate Insert Window that makes finding and inserting components faster than ever. It brings together all of the Symbols, Text and Layer Styles, and Color Variables from your enabled Libraries, and displays them with beautiful, big previews that make browsing easy. Simply press
con your keyboard to open it, start typing to search for the component you need, then drag and drop it onto your Canvas.