Over a million people use Sketch to transform their ideas into incredible products. Would you like to join us and make an impact on a leading brand in the design space? We're looking to expand our team with a full-time Brand Storyteller.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you’ll be instrumental in bringing our brand to life through words — whether that’s through campaign messaging, on our website, through advertising (ATL and BTL), or through our work supporting the wider design community. You’ll help to distill what makes Sketch special and what sets us apart. Your writing will set the tone for how we talk about ourselves as a brand and make meaningful connections with others. You'll be working on campaigns at every level - from planning and ideation to copywriting and execution.
On a typical day, you could:
- Work to define and build our brand narrative, taking into account the truths behind our product and our company’s history, then making sure we apply it consistently across our internal and external communications.
- Lead on messaging for brand campaigns, and work closely with the design team to develop the creative wrap.
- Collaborate with our designers and developers to bring new pages of our website to life and refresh old ones, making sure that copy works as hard as it can in every case.
- Write copy for digital advertising campaigns, films, partnership marketing, and other comms channels to help us communicate a specific message or idea about Sketch.
- Maintain, adapt and improve our brand voice guidelines, making sure they’re useful and practical for every part of the business.
- Work closely with the CMO and Product Marketing Lead to come up with new creative campaigns that showcase our product and brand in a way that cuts through the noisy design tools market.
- Develop brand initiatives working with our Head of PR and create correlating content.
- Collaborate with our Analytics team to understand and measure the effectiveness of our web content, and understand the performance of advertising campaigns — then using that insight to come up with suggestions to improve things.
- Strategize the brand roadmap defining our key milestones, and then executing against them.
- Mentor and guide the work of the Junior Brand Copywriter. To note this is a role you will recruit for once in role.
- Proofread copy from other team members, offer advice on best practices, and advocate for our tone of voice and style guidelines.
- Support other members of the marketing team with their writing, where necessary.
What we're looking for
- First and foremost, you'll be a talented and creative storyteller who loves what they do. You’ll have experience working at brand level, ideally for a design or technology company, with plenty of examples of how your work has made a real business impact.
- You’ll be confident in taking your work all the way from early briefs and initial conversations through to final deliverables, and you’ll be open to feedback along the way. You also know that great writing for any brand comes from understanding it inside out, so you’ll be eager to ask questions start conversations and get to know every part of the product (and the people behind it).
- You'll be able to manage multiple projects at the same time, and understand how your work fits in with the efforts of the wider marketing team. You'll be proactive, full of ideas, and have a sharp eye for detail, especially when it comes to your own work. You’ll be comfortable with looking ahead, understanding the direction and efforts taking place beyond your team, and applying that insight to your own work and planning.
- Our team works remotely, so you will need to have excellent grasp of written English, great communication skills and be comfortable working in a remote position.
- 4+ years in a senior writing role at brand level.
- A background or strong personal interest in digital design.
- A varied portfolio with evidence of the impact your work has had across a variety of mediums.
- Ability to write copy for use across paid networks including GDN, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Experience with campaign planning and also execution.
- Experience with content management systems and collaboration tools like Notion.
- Experience in turning technical detail into compelling copy.
- An excellent level of written English.
- Able to work and communicate as part of a remote, but close-knit team.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with lots of other talented people.
- Able to adapt quickly to a new brand voice (and help shape it).
- Confident at presenting your work and being open to feedback.
- You’re based in or close to European/African timezones.
- Agency experience
- Working knowledge of Sketch and other design software.
- Experience in managing others and coordinating creative teams.