Head of PR and Advocacy
Over a million designers use Sketch to transform their ideas into incredible products, every day. Would you like to join us and help take this leading design tool to the next level? We're looking to expand our team and appoint a motivated and brilliant communications leader as the Head of PR and Advocacy.
We're keen to embrace a new PR strategy that features both new (digital) and traditional (offline) channels in our mission to increase brand awareness, reach new audiences and deliver impactful results. We're aiming for #1 SOV for media coverage.
In addition, we want to focus our attention on advocacy in 2021. At Sketch we inspire strong natural advocacy from all who interact with the brand and our product. So as part of this role you'll need to define the strategy that captures, qualifies and builds advocacy across all tiers of influencers including VIP's, media specialists, external experts (creators, designers, plugin developers) and the wider community. We're aiming for #1 rank for online earned share of voice.
If you're the type of person who likes to roll-up your sleeves, and jump right in, then you will have the chance to shape every part of this new and exciting role.
Reporting directly to the CMO, you will work alongside a talented team and group of content creators, social media and community managers plus website specialists who make up the Marketing team.
- Devise, then execute against a new PR and Advocacy strategy that grows brand awareness, helps change perceptions and drives positive, measurable engagement.
- Generating a proactive sponsorships program that puts us in front of relevant audiences and working to maximise these opportunities (through physical presence, speaking opportunities, workshops/labs, etc.) As part of this, you'll be expected to seek out new opportunities that put our Co-Founders in front of the right audiences.
- Working closely with our Head of Copy and Content to define and deliver timely content that secures valuable coverage in priority sites and forums.
- Acquiring links from authoritative and relevant websites to bolster organic search/SEO performance.
- Create effective PR launch plans for product launches. This will encompass the seeding of features/launches to VIPs to help secure positive coverage that keeps Sketch top-of-mind.
- Create a new influencer strategy for Sketch that covers all levels of influencers - from media and experts, to creators, designers and developers. Working with the Social Media Team you'll then create an activation and roll out plan.
- Maintain a close working relationship with our Community Manager to help promote the programme of events, guiding where relevant on growth opportunities and oversight of brand ambassador and advocate engagement.
- Handling all inbound cross-promotion inquiries from extensions developers, creators, potential partners and journalists.
- Manage listings with external third parties ensuring that information held about Sketch is relevant and up to date.
- Writing press releases (as required) to seed out using presswire distribution platforms.
- Getting our PR basics and house in order including the creation of boiler plates and tailored press kits.
- Working with external PR agencies and third party companies as required.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of PR work against objectives, KPI's and industry benchmarks to support the improvement of future work.
- Monthly reporting on coverage and ROI analysis.
- 4+ years in a PR role at a senior level within a SaaS or design-tech company. Alternatively you could have an agency background in PR that serves these types of clients.
- Experienced in devising and implementing PR plans, with creative flair and proven results
- Know your trade inside out - that means traditional and Digital PR
- Effective in building and maintaining strong relationships
- Social media native
- Work regularly with credible influencers
- Have an excellent eye for detail and determination for getting results
- Exceptional communication, organisational and prioritising skills
- Has great attention to detail
- Knows what PR tools are required to make a success of the role
- Degree in Marketing or Journalism
- Self-motivated, and comfortable working in a remote position
- You’re familiar with the key tools we use — Slack, Notion, GitHub and Sprout.
- You’ve used Sketch and understand the design tools space.
- You have an agency background.
- Evidence of CPD and/or membership to professional bodies such as CIPR.