Over a million designers use Sketch to transform their ideas into incredible products every day. Would you like to join us and help take this leading design tool to the next level? We're looking to expand our team with a full-time Product Designer.
What you’ll do
As a Product Designer, you’ll work with a wide range of talented people in feature-focused teams. You will be involved in the entire process, from the first idea for a feature, to its release.
On a typical day, you could be:
Presenting new solutions to our product managers and fellow designers.
Working with developers to explain a concept, try out early versions and adjust if necessary.
Trying out features from other teams and provide feedback on improvements.
Pondering on a creative idea for a while (we recognise you need time and space to be creative).
Sharing and discussing your latest designs with the design team and as a result helping to maintain a strong design culture.
Looking at existing behaviors and features systematically, spotting inconsistencies, limitations or redundancy, and coming up with ways to improve or simplify them.
You’ll know that Product Design is about more than just designing beautiful screens. Explaining your choices and taking action to make sure your team understands them is just as important to you. You are the owner of the creative process and are keen to move ideas forward. You know when to involve others to validate ideas — be it within Sketch, or through user research.
Working at Sketch
Sketch has always been a 100% remote company, and our team are based around the world. Being remote adds great flexibility, and helps us build a more diverse team. We put respect for each other above everything else.
Besides being remote, we work asynchronously as often as we can. This means that our team communicates mostly using Slack, Notion and GitHub. When we need it, we also have video calls.
We’ve been fully remote since day one. It’s meant we can bring together incredible people from around the world. We encourage our people to be themselves and embrace what makes us unique. We value different backgrounds, perspectives, and experience, and we strongly believe this is key to achieving outstanding results.
- You’ve worked with product teams that ship regularly to a large, diverse set of users.
- You can think beyond static screens and contribute to discussions around the wider user experience.
- You realise that no design can live in a vacuum and that it needs several iterations to be perfect.
- You’re happy to collaborate with others to solve problem
- You have excellent communication skills and know-how to present ideas.
- You are self-motivated and comfortable working in a remote position.
- You’re able to work full-time and are based in European / African timezones.