Sketch Beta 82 (137003) was released on
Document model change: In this release, we’ve updated our document model. Once you save a Workspace document in the latest version of the Mac app, anyone opening the document in Sketch 81.1 or earlier will only be able to save the file locally. Any changes they make will not update the document in your Workspace, and if you want to collaborate with them in real-time they’ll also need to update to 82.
New in Sketch 82
- Stay tuned we’ll publish the full list of changes for the latest release soon
- You can now send Workspace documents and projects you no longer need to Trash right from the Workspace window.
- We‘ve improved the rendering of text layers and complex shapes when using inside or outside borders.
- You can now change prototyping targets directly in the Canvas by dragging the link arrow to the Artboard you want.
- We’ve optimized the way fonts are embedded when exporting Artboards to PDF so the size of your exported PDF is smaller.
- Embedding fonts in Workspace documents is now much easier. When you save a document to a Workspace for the first time, or after adding new custom fonts, you can quickly select which fonts you want to embed —or all at once— with a single click. Even better, the app remembers your choice for each Workspace, so you don’t have to do this for every new document. As always, make sure that you have all the necessary licenses, rights and permissions to embed and redistribute any fonts you want to use.
- If you‘re using Abstract, please make sure to update to their latest version to ensure everything works smoothly.
- Fixes a bug where a rounded corner used along a curved point could cause the Mac app to hang and use too much memory.
- Fixes a bug in vector editing mode that would align an entire layer instead of the selected points.
- Fixes a bug that could cause the Canvas to become unresponsive when rendering shadows for complex paths.
- Fixes a bug that could cause the Mac app to become unresponsive while rendering complex combined shapes with non-intersecting paths.
- Fixes a bug that could cause items in the sidebar bar to not display correctly if the sidebar was hidden when changing appearance mode.
- Fixes a bug that could cause input fields to defocus when editing overrides.
- Fixes a bug where the export options could appear clipped or could cover the folder navigation view entirely.