School’s back in session, and so is our education plan. Sketch is free for students and educators, so you can build better futures with great design.
Let’s take a look at how it works and how you can get started with design in Sketch👇
What comes with an Education Plan?
Do your best work, faster — for free. With access to our design platform, you’ll get a whole set of powerful tools, including a Mac app, web app and iPhone app. All you need is a macOS-compatible device.
Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll get:
I’m a student or teacher…
- A hub for your design files, where you can keep everything together, in sync and available everywhere with up to 5GB of storage — this is what we call a Sketch Workspace!
- One Editor seat, which you can use to design, collaborate, prototype, and much more
- The ability to use Sketch on multiple devices, including our iPhone app to view documents on the go
I represent an educational institution…
- A Sketch Workspace — a hub for your students and faculty to keep their design files in sync and available everywhere
- As many Editor seats as you need, so that everyone can design, collaborate, prototype, and beyond
- Access to all of Sketch’s products on multiple devices, including our iPhone app to view documents on the go
- Offer Sketch to your students as part of your syllabus — we’ll take care of the rest
How do I get my free education subscription?
Whether you’re taking the first step in your design career or have been teaching in the industry for years, we want to make sure you have the tools you need to do your best work. That’s why we’ve made our subscription model as simple as possible so that you can invest your time in what truly matters — great design.
Step 1: Sign up for Sketch
If you already have a Sketch Account, you can skip this step! Otherwise, head on over to our sign up page. Creating an account is completely free — you don’t even need to enter your credit card or payment details. Once you‘re all set, it‘s time to flash those edu creds.
Step 2: Tell us about your education status
Don’t worry, this will be quick and painless! All you have to do is fill out this form to let us know if you’re a student, a teacher, or if you’re requesting an educational plan on behalf of an academic institution. We’ll need you to include a few details as proof of eligibility (and then we’ll never use those details again). Once we’ve verified you, you’ll have free access for a year!
What can I do with my free Sketch Account?
The sky’s the limit when it comes to what you can do with a Sketch Workspace. It’s truly a bundle of professional tools — without the price tag. But we’ll try to summarize it all in 60 seconds.
Ready? Press play!
As you can see, your Sketch Workspace is a gateway to unlimited possibilities. But don’t worry! If you’re just getting started with Sketch and design, we’ve got just the thing 💡
You can start flexing those design muscles with our free beginner’s course — packed with videos and resources to go through at your own pace. In these lessons, you’ll learn the basics of design while familiarizing yourself with the Sketch interface. By the end, you’ll have a solid foundation to start creating great work in no time.
We can’t wait to see what you do next!