$9 per Editor, monthlywith unlimited free viewers
Solo, agency or team?
We’ve got you.
Your first 30 days are free — no credit card required.
$20 per Editor, monthlypaid by annual subscription
- Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Unlimited Cloud Storage
- Invoice-based billing
- Priority support
- Dedicated Customer Success Manager
- Security reviews and terms may be customized
If you're interested in becoming an official Sketch partner, reach out to email@example.com
A Sketch subscription includes everything below
- Save and sync every document
- Keep all your documents together, in sync and available anywhere. Compare changes with a browsable version history and stay organised with projects.
- Stay small, or scale up
- Whether on your own or with a team, you can easily manage your account, Workspace access and members from your admin dashboard. In any browser, at any time.
- Bring in Guests
- From one-off collaborations to working with freelancers and contractors, it’s easy to invite Workspace Guests, or offer access to specific documents.
- Share Libraries effortlessly
- Every Workspace member gets instant access to any shared Libraries. It makes onboarding a breeze, and keeps design systems in sync.
- Made exclusively for macOS
- Dark mode, customizable toolbars and shortcuts, RTL support, built-in spellcheck, local document editing, and pain-free offline access all come as standard.
- Ready for real-time collaboration
- Invite others to Workspace documents and work together, in real-time. No more pinging files back and forth or wondering who has the latest version.
- Built for design systems
- With Symbols, Styles and Color Variables, you’ll have everything you need to build, scale and share design systems that everyone can take advantage of.
- Perfect for prototyping
- Turn mockups into functional prototypes in minutes. Then test them in the browser and share them with a link — or try them out on your iOS device.
- And that’s not all…
- Plugins, Assistants, Smart Distribute, Smart Layout, multi-format and multi-scale exports, math operators, resizing constraints, Variable fonts and OpenType features, Mirror for iOS.
- View designs in any browser
- Browse Sketch documents and try out prototypes, right inside your web browser. Need to share your work with stakeholders? Simply copy a link.
- Comment and discuss
- Leave your feedback next to any Artboard, keep track of discussions with threads and make sure the right people get notified with mentions.
- Developer Handoff
- Invite developers to inspect designs, measure layers, copy attributes and download production-ready assets — all from their favorite browser.
- Stay on top of changes
- See every save with version history, browse through changes, roll back easily, and highlight important updates with Starred updates.
Why is there no free plan?
With our Standard and Business plans, you can invite unlimited Viewers to your Workspace for free. Viewers can browse and comment on designs in their web browser, and even inspect files and download assets for developer handoff.
Beyond free Viewers, and besides our Education offer, we have no plans to offer an entirely free tier.
We want to operate in a way that’s sustainable. Our business model is simple — we sell our product at a fair price — and we’ve been profitable since day one. We believe this commitment to long-term sustainability is a responsibility to our customers, who can trust that we’ll continue to be here and support their work, as we have for more than 10 years.
Offering a free tier inevitably leads to unpaid costs (free tiers still require storage, bandwidth, support and more). As a result, most products with a free tier will gradually remove features or apply limitations in an effort to force customers to move to a paid tier. That doesn’t feel right to us.
Our focus is on adding value to our product with consistent improvements and new features, not finding ways to remove it for customers who we’ve enticed with a free tier.
We’re committed to helping students, teachers, and academic institutions with our Education offer – students and teachers are entitled to a Workspace with 1 Editor seat, and institutions are entitled to a Workspace with multiple seats – depending on requirements.
You can find out more and request your own on our Sketch for Education page.
Which payment methods do you accept?
For our Standard plan, we currently accept credit or debit card payment only (handled by Stripe).
If you’re interested in our Business plan and need more flexibility in payment methods or terms, please contact us. We’ll be happy to discuss your options.
I have a license. Can I switch to a subscription?
Do I need a Sketch subscription and a license key?
Every Sketch subscription includes access to the Mac app, so you don’t need to purchase both a license and a subscription.
If your Mac-only license key is up for renewal, you may want to consider switching to a subscription instead.
How can I get a quote or purchase order?
How to get the Education version?
If you’re a student or teacher, you can use Sketch for free for as long as it’s part of your studies or the course you’re teaching. Similarly, if you represent an educational institution, you can freely offer Sketch to your students as part of your syllabus.
You can find out more and request your own on our Sketch for Education page.
Is Sketch only available as a subscription?
Over the past few years, we’ve evolved Sketch to be more than the Mac app. It’s now a complete platform for design and collaboration, combining the best native Mac editor with tools that work in any web browser.
That’s why we switched from selling Mac-only licenses to offering Sketch as a subscription. With a subscription, you get the complete Sketch experience — the flexibility and accessibility of browser-based tools, with the power of a native Mac editor.
Your subscription also includes a Workspace for you or your entire team where you can store documents, collaborate in real-time, handoff designs from your browser, share prototypes, comment and more — all part of one tool. Visit our benefits page to see everything that a subscription includes.
If you’re still using a legacy Mac-only license, you can learn more about how to switch to a subscription and start enjoying all the benefits on our Switching page.
I want to become a Sketch Partner. Is that an option?
Yes! If your company would like to become an official Partner of Sketch, we’d love to hear from you. You can send an enquiry email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you with all the details of our Partner’s Program.
What are the differences between Viewers, Editors and Admins?
Viewers can use the web app on any computer to view, inspect, and comment on documents and Libraries, download assets, and play prototypes. This role is ideal for people such as project managers, developers and other stakeholders who don’t need to create and edit documents.
Editors can do everything Viewers can, as well as use the Mac app to create, edit, and save documents, prototypes, and Libraries. They also get a private Drafts folder for their work.
Admins can manage Workspaces and change members’ roles at any time. Both Viewers and Editors can be Admins.
Note: a Workspace must have at least one Editor at all times.
What are Guests? Do I need to pay for them?
Guests are people who are invited to specific documents in your Workspace. They’re not members of your Workspace, so they won’t be able to see every project, document or Library.
Any Workspace member can invite Guests to a document via Document Settings > Sharing in the web app, and can give each Guest permissions to either view, inspect, or edit that document.
Guests are free. Admins can view and remove Guests through Workspace Settings at any time.
Please note: Giving a Guest edit permissions doesn’t make them an Editor — they must be an Editor in another Workspace or have a valid license to use the Mac app to edit documents.
Can Editors use the Mac app on more than one device?
Each Editor in a Workspace can use their own Sketch Account to log in to the Mac app on any device they own.
Sharing Sketch Accounts between two or more people is a violation of our Terms of Service and may result in us suspending your account and terminating your service.
With a Mac-only license key, you will need to buy extra seats for additional devices.
Is my data secure and private?
We take data security very seriously
We use data encryption in transit and at rest, and all Workspace data is stored securely with Amazon Web Services in the United States. Our servers reside in a monitored and audited cloud, which is access-controlled to only allow a handful of authorized individuals to access data — and only to maintain and improve our services.
We care deeply about privacy
We believe collaboration should not compromise your privacy. We don’t store data about what you do in your designs, so your managers can’t pull up a report that shows how long you’ve been working, for example. Some products consider tracking like this a feature. We consider its absence a feature.
Editors decide when they’re ready to share work, as they can store documents locally on their Mac, privately in their My Drafts folder, or in the shared Workspace. If an Editor leaves the Workspace, the system automatically deletes the contents of their My Drafts folder.
Do I need a Mac to use Sketch?
If you want to create and edit Sketch documents, you’ll need a Mac running macOS Big Sur (11.0.0) or newer.
However, if you want to view prototypes or documents, or inspect designs for developer handoff, you can do this on any operating system and in any web browser.
Billing and Management
Where can I get an invoice?
You can view and download invoices in the web app, under Workspace Settings > Billing:
- Log in to the web app and navigate to your Workspace
- Select Workspace Settings at the bottom of the sidebar
- Select Billing in the navigation menu
- You’ll find your invoices under Billing History
Only Workspace administrators can see and access the Billing page.
How can I change or cancel my subscription?
Changing your subscription
To change between monthly and yearly billing, or to change between plans, please contact us.
Cancelling your subscription
You can cancel your subscription at any time from your Workspace Settings.
If you cancel your subscription, you’ll continue to have uninterrupted access to the products and services that you’ve paid for until the end of your current billing cycle.
For yearly subscriptions, you can contact us for a refund if you cancelled within 30 days after payment.
We’ll always send a reminder email to the Billing Contact address before your yearly subscription renews, so you’re never surprised by an unexpected payment.
How does adding or removing Editors affect my bill?
When you make changes to Workspace members and roles, we’ll always tell you if and how it affects your bill, and ask for your confirmation. If you’re on a yearly plan, we’ll email you before your subscription renews, so you can make changes or cancel altogether.
Here’s how we calculate your bill:
- The cost of your subscription is based on the number of Editor Seats in your Workspace.
- Each Editor in your Workspace needs a seat, but you can also have unused seats.
- When you remove or downgrade an Editor, this frees up a seat.
- When you make someone an Editor, they take up a free seat.
- If there are no free seats available, we’ll change you pro rata for a new seat.
- You can remove empty seats, or purchase more, at any time.
- Viewers in your workspace don’t count towards the cost of your subscription.
Editor Seats give you more control and predictability with your billing, even if the number of Editors in your Workspace changes. If you have freelancers joining and leaving your team regularly, for example, keeping a number of empty seats in your Workspace for them means your bill won’t fluctuate. It’s very useful if you have a set annual budget.
Have more questions?Check our support section