In the web app From your Workspace overview, click the icon on your document’s thumbnail and choose Share…. From there, you can manage the access level of your documents for people inside or outside your Workspace.
- You can invite people outside of your Workspace to view or edit your document as Guests.
- You can restrict permissions for everyone in your Workspace and invite specific people in your Workspace to view or edit.
- You can also make the document accessible via a public link.
Note: Inviting people outside of your Workspace does not affect the cost of your subscription, but anyone you invite to Edit a document will need to be an Editor on another Workspace or have a subscription.
Share a document via email
Type the email address of the person you want to invite and choose the type of access you want to give them using the dropdown menu. If the person you’re inviting is already a Workspace member, an autocomplete option will let you quickly select their name. If you’re inviting someone from outside your Workspace, type the full email as normal. Click Add to send out an invitation email.
When you share a document with someone, you can choose between two access levels:
- View: View the document, inspect layers and Artboards for handoff, download assets and leave comments in the web app.
- Edit: All of the above, as well as the option to open and edit the document in the Mac app. This access level requires a subscription.
Note: When you share a document with someone, it will appear in their Shared with Me tab.
When you’ve sent an invitation to a Guest, you’ll see an Invite Pending badge next to their email until they’ve accepted. Permanent Workspace members won’t have a badge, unless they’re an Admin. You can upgrade or downgrade anyone’s access level at any point and fully remove their access by opening the drop-down menu and choosing Remove….
Share a document via public link
Set an access level next to Anyone with a link. Here, you can also set commenting, inspecting and downloading permissions. The default level is No access which makes the public link unavailable and keeps your document private.
Note: If you’re viewing an older update of a document in the web app, you can copy and paste its URL to link specifically to that update. The URL in the Share settings will always link to the most recent update.
When you choose an access level for anyone with a link or email invitation, you can show or hide comments on Artboards by toggling the checkbox in the dropdown menu.