The Toolbar is where you’ll find quick shortcuts to important tools and actions you’ll use a lot in the Mac app.
You can customize the toolbar with different buttons to suit your needs. Simply Control-click on it and choose Customize Toolbar… or choose View > Customize Toolbar…. Here’s a rundown of the default toolbar:
- Canvas and Components View switch allows you to quickly switch between the Components View and the Canvas .
- Insert gives you quick access to the different layers you can add to the Canvas.
- Create Symbol converts a group or layer you’ve selected into a reusable Symbol. You’ll be able to choose a name and Layout options when you create a Symbol. Find out more about Symbols.
- Forward , Backward , Group and Ungroup help you organise your layers and move them within the Layer List.
- Edit and Tools give you quick access to common actions for editing layers.
- Union , Subtract , Intersect , and Difference give you quick access to the Mac app’s four boolean operations.
- View changes how your designs appear on the Canvas and what you’re focused on.
- Preview shows your design or prototype in the Preview window. Find out more about Prototyping.
- Collaborate lets you upload a document to a Workspace. Find out more about real-time collaboration.
- Notifications lets you know about new Library versions or missing elements in your document. The notification icon will disappear until you receive new notifications.
You can also toggle between hiding and showing the toolbar by pressing ⌘⌥T or by choosing View > Show/Hide Toolbar in the menu bar.